If you want to dive in straight away go to the
TEI Publisher Documentation.
TEI Publisher From Scratch
To get started you can work through our workshop «TEI Publisher From Scratch». It is recommended to first view the instructions by Wolfgang Meier. If you have to catch up with some technologies or standards you will find helpful links and literature below.
- Simple renditions with model
- Using predicates
- Passing parameters to behaviours
- Integrating information from the TEI header
- Using modelSequence
- Showing Metadata from the teiHeader
- Showing a Facsimile
- Output metadata in a separate column
- Display additional metadata
- Generating a separate application
- Add a static page
- Global document styles
- Download the application to local disk
Helpful Literature and Websites
Working with TEI Publisher requires some knowledge of TEI, basic XPath and a little CSS. If you don’t know any XPath yet, we recommend to read the short introduction linked below.
TEI Publisher Documentation
- Follow the XPath!: short introduction to XPath
- XPath and XQuery Functions: the official W3C specification covering all standard XPath functions
- XQuery for Humanists: book with companion website
- TEI Guidelines: the ultimate reference
- What is the Text Encoding Initiative?, a French translation is also available
TEI Processing Model
- Section 184.108.40.206 of the TEI Guidelines: the official specification of the TEI Processing Model
- TEI Publisher Documentation
TEI Publisher Hands on Workshop
- Slides of Lars Windauers ‘TEI-Publisher Hands-On‘ presentation at the "Winter School 2021 – Digitale Editionen-Masterclass" by Bergische Universität Wupertal. Slides are in German.